How To Successfully Broker Writing
It’s been long years ago since I first went into broker writing. But I still remember the struggle, the low almost non-existent income, and the morning when I wanted more to quit than continue. Labor hours were long; return on effort was short. But time passed. I began to grasp the in-and-out of broker writing. My writing improved. My speed per article increased. My blogging skills developed. Eventually the road to successful writer-for-hire became a reality for me.
You too can succeed in broker writing. It is not always a battle. In time writing for broker firms can provide a fully supportive household income. And that all from your writing blog post for other folks.
Perhaps you are laboring between jobs. Maybe you just need a bit of extra income. In this article, Rm Harrington Short Stories offers a few basic tips for writer-for-hire writer broker success.
How Internet-Based Writer-For-Hire Works
- Ø Pick one or two writer-for-hire broker sites
- Ø Sign up and get rated
- Ø Pick orders based on your rating level and subject matters of interest to you
- Ø Get paid twice per month.
Getting Started With One Or More Author Broker Sites
Before rushing out to sign up with a writer broker firm, take time for some personal training. Brokers typically rate writers on a scale of one to six, with one at the bottom and six being extremely difficult to attain. Each upward level includes a pay increase. Each upward level also tends to associate with greater buyer demand for quality and substance.
[amazon_link asins=’B07C5WKZ63,B00DZHENVM,B074XQPBVV’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’rmharrington-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2a3f3e67-44bf-11e8-9488-c9a3885e127c’]
During the process of signup, the writer broker firm will test your skills in grammar, craftsmanship, SEO, and content marketing. Scoring high is not easy. So plan in advance. Study. Prepare. Take time to gather the following tools, and then, before placing any applications with a writer broker firm, finish reading this article:
- Ø Set up a Paypal account… Brokers like direct-deposit to Paypal.
- Ø Set up account at http://copyscape.com
- Ø Purchase or download Spunk & White’s “Elements of Style”… https://faculty.washington.edu/heagerty/Courses/b572/public/StrunkWhite.pdf
- Ø Craft 300 word article on basic SEO… https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo
- Ø Create author’s resume
- Ø Craft a sample 300 word article on a subject of your choice
- Ø Select where to work… more brokers means more options
- Ø Apply for position… Likely requires submission of resume, samples and a grammar test
Successful Broker Writing Demands Quality Plus Quantity
I am a slow writer. During every project, my mind drops into deep slow gear. Typically, I produce no more than one or two articles per day. Thus I cannot profit in writer for hire projects unless the pay scale runs on the high side. On the other hand, I am an expert at Internet research. And efficient research skills enable writers to dip into better paying markets.
I have also heard many broker writers claim quality and speed wherein they roll out five and six articles per day. Just remember the primary point: Successful writer-for-hire authors always put quality first.
- Ø Early broker writing works like a word mill – more words equal more pay
- Ø Great quality plus speed equals great pay
- Ø Time is money… https://www.michaeldpollock.com/overcome-writers-block
- Ø Limit your research resources… Use site:edu or site:gov
- Ø Become an expert in multiple fields
What You Need To Know About Effective Content Marketing or Blogging
In a few words, I cannot teach you near what you need to learn about content marketing and Internet blogging. The basics seem simple: Plan, Create, Optimize, Distribute, Test, Check Performance. Bringing it all to gather in an effective writer-for-hire format is difficult. The following link will help you get started.
- Ø Plan… Gather the tools and learn the tricks for successful content marketing
- Ø Create content focused on a war of words on the web
- Ø Optimize content for readers first and SEO second
- Ø Track the impact of your content
- Ø http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnrampton/2016/10/02/5-key-components-to-a-successful-content-marketing-campaign/#7bb8ab027aca
Best Writer-for-hire Blogging Companies
- Ø http://www.writeraccess.com… Higher pay, fewer gigs
- Ø https://www.textbroker.com… Lower pay, many gigs
- Ø https://www.fiverr.com… If personal brokering better suits your goals
- Ø http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=KYb01&m=mQLTiNlkJotrERo&b=hm5wUrfue5IxQ0Z.oiMx2Q List of 110 confirmed sites that accept unsolicited articles.
[amazon_link asins=’B06VXWCTRT,B077H38829,1540844404′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’rmharrington-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4232fc33-44bf-11e8-b81d-fd8f95221f55′]
How To Land Full-Time Blogging Gigs In Your Industry
- Ø Network… https://www.meetup.com/topics/professional-networking/us/nc/charlotte
- Ø Network… http://www.businessleadersofcharlotte.com/news-events/events.cfm
- Ø Network… your blog goes here.
For the top pay in the writer-for-hire field, find your own gigs, Dip deep into the principles of content marketing. Learn it in and out. Practice until you can effectively and efficiently produce quality content for one or more fields of business. Now, relay the importance of content marketing to prospective clients. In a single word: Network. Sell yourself as a proficient writer-for-hire in the field of content marketing.
Need help getting your book published. Check out The 11 Secrets of Getting Published.